Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Just getting started!

I've just switched to eating vegan.

I have a variety of reasons for the switch. It started with my husband's kidney cancer and his resolution to eliminate animal proteins from his diet. I sort of followed along for a few weeks, half-heartedly preparing vegetarian convenience foods for him while I sneaked out to McDonald's.

And then? I read Slaughterhouse by Gail Eisnitz and now I can never eat meat again. I...just...can't.

Consequently, I have jumped into veganism with both feet. I will prepare only vegan recipes for my husband and me. Our daughter will be a mostly sort of vegetarian, because she will still have eggs, cheese, and some very occasional seafood. I've stocked up on vegan cookbooks. I've cleared all the hideous stuff out of my fridge, freezer, and pantry. I'm ready to do this!

I will post new recipes that I try and relate experiences in trying to be true to this lifestyle in a world that's not really geared for it.

Let's have some fun!

No comments: